First…visit your local NSLC or our great bottle shop inside the Local Source Market (2530 Agricola) and pick up at least 4 650mls of Over The Top! Sour Mash Cranberry Wheat Ale and then discover that not only is it an amazing beer, it’s also the perfect Christmas dinner sidekick…
Over The Top Vinaigrette for the fresh salad
Over The Top Cranberry Sauce for the roast turkey
Over The Top Cheesecake
Open a deliciously cold and refreshing Over The Top!, pour into your favourite Boxing Rock glass (we recommend this classic Snifter)
Your first course…
A fresh and fun salad!
Fresh mixed greens
A sprinkle of walnut or pecan pieces
A nice dose of fresh goat cheese
AND…this great vinaigrette recipe in which Over The Top adds a great kick to!
1 small shallot diced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Over The Top Sour Cranberry Ale (the rest in the bottle is for YOU)
2 Tbsp. fresh citrus juice (lemon, orange, lime, etc.)
1 Tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. salt – more to taste
1/4 tsp. pepper – more to taste
Onto the main affair..the turkey. Over The Top is the PERFECT addition to your cranberry sauce and your afternoon preparations!
1/2 cup Over The Top Cranberry Sour Mash (the rest is well, also for YOU)
3 cups (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
1 cup raw cane sugar
1 orange, juiced
In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the Over The Top! Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. Zest of 1/2 orange.
And the finale! Over The Top Cheesecake!
Crack open an Over The Top because it complements everything about this delicious cranberry white chocolate cheesecake! And even better…just use the Over The Top cranberry sauce from the recipe above on top!
Graham Cracker Crust
• 9 Whole cinnamon graham crackers crushed
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup butter melted
White Chocolate Cheesecake
• 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 ½ cups of Over The Top Cranberry sauce
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together ingredients for graham cracker crust until fully combined.
2. Transfer crust mixture to one large 9-inch pie dish or 12 mini mason jars. Press down firmly so that crust no longer appears loose. Set aside.
3. In a large microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate chips. Place in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Then repeat in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
4. Add cream cheese to bowl with chocolate chips and whisk until combined and smooth. Set aside.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, add whipping cream. Beat by hand or with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. It should look like traditional whipped cream.
6. Fold whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
7. Spoon cheesecake filling into mini jars or pie dish over graham cracker crust.
8. Spread about 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce (from above recipe) on top and spread in an even layer.
9. Allow to set in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight. Remove from fridge about 30 to an hour before serving to allow crust to soften slightly.
10. Top with sugared cranberries and mint leaves for garnish, if desired.
11. Crack open a cold bottle of Over The Top Cranberry Sour Mash and enjoy!