The Internet is an amazing tool. It has the power to change the way we live, and we're starting to see that potential today. With only a few mouse-clicks, you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods and services, and communicate with others from around the world. It's important to Boxing Rock Brewing Company to help our customers retain their privacy when they take advantage of all the Internet has to offer.
We believe your business is no one else's. Your privacy is important to you…and to us. So we'll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Boxing Rock Brewing Company follows different principles in accordance with world-wide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address, credit card number or any other information to anyone.
- We’ll use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
The Ten Principles of PIPEDA Summarized
- Accountability: organizations are accountable for the personal information they collect, use, retain and disclose in the course of their commercial activities, including, but not limited to, the appointment of a Privacy Officer;
- Identifying Purposes: organizations are to explain the purposes for which the information is being used at the time of collection and can only be used for those purposes;
- Consent: organizations must obtain an Individual’s express or implied consent when they collect, use, or disclose the individual’s personal information;
- Limiting Collection: the collection of personal information must be limited to only the amount and type that is reasonably necessary for the identified purposes;
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: personal information must be used for only the identified purposes, and must not be disclosed to third parties unless the Individual consents to the alternative use or disclosure;
- Accuracy: organizations are required to keep personal information in active files accurate and up-to-date;
- Safeguards: organizations are to use physical, organizational, and technological safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Openness: organizations must inform their clients and train their employees about their privacy policies and procedures;
- Individual Access: an individual has a right to access personal information held by an organization and to challenge its accuracy if need be; and
- Provide Recourse: organizations are to inform clients and employees of how to bring a request for access, or complaint, to the Privacy Officer, and respond promptly to a request or complaint by the individual.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested when you create a Registration ID on the site or when you download free software, enter a contest, order e-mail newsletters or join a limited-access premium site. We use your Personal Information for four primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find software, services or information.
- To help us create content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Boxing Rock Brewing Company.
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use most of BoxingRock.ca. But you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services, like our electronic newsletters. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding Boxing Rock Brewing Company products, programs, events, or services by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing messages from Boxing Rock Brewing Company
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time in the Beer Explorer App or the Boxing Rock Website under My Account. There, you can:
- View and edit personal information you have already given us.
- Tell us whether you want us to send you marketing information, or whether you want third parties to send you their offers by postal mail.
- Sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products.
- Once you register, you won't need to do it again. Wherever you go on BoxingRock.ca, your information stays with you.
Boxing Rock Brewing Company has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
We guarantee your e-commerce transactions to be 100% safe and secure. When you place orders or access your personal account information, you're utilizing a secure server software SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
Boxing Rock Brewing Company strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in Canada or any other country where Boxing Rock Brewing Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
NOTICE TO PARENTS
The site is not directed to children or individuals younger than the legal age for the purchase and consumption of alcohol in the jurisdiction where you are located. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone younger than the legal age for the purchase and consumption of alcohol in the jurisdiction where you are located.
In the event that we discover that we collected Personal Information about a child or individual younger than the legal age for the purchase and consumption of alcohol in the jurisdiction where you are located, we will delete the Personal Information.ENFORCEMENT
Every registered customer has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
When you register, we create your profile, assign a personal identification number, then send this personal identification number back to your hard drive in the form of a cookie, which is a very small bit of code. This code is uniquely yours. It is your passport to seamless travel across BoxingRock.ca without having to fill out registration forms with information you've already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won't have to re-register – just use your Registration ID to identify yourself.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION YOU SHARE
When you join us, you provide us with your contact information, including your name and email address. We use this information to send you updates about your order, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction with our service and announcements about new and exciting services that we offer. When you order from us, we ask for your credit card number and billing address. We use this information only to bill you for the product(s) you order at that time. For your convenience, we do save billing information in case you want to order from us again, but we don't use this information again without your permission.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Boxing Rock Brewing Company will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Boxing Rock Brewing Company or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Boxing Rock Brewing Company and its family of Web sites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Boxing Rock Brewing Company, its Web sites, or the public.